Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

Hello Everyone! Can you believe Thanksgiving is a week away? Holy Cow! Where did the year go? That means it's less than six weeks until Christmas!

We are staying in Yakima this year, and having dinner with Lonnie's family. I am taking a garden salad for Lon, and two hot veggie dishes. I looked up some recipes in my "Cooking for the Seasons" cookbook and came up with Broccoli Meringue and Pink-Sauced Beets.
Yum! (My friend Tammy is probably gagging up her breakfast right now! haha)

I will post the recipes later, in case they sound good to anyone!?

My mother in law, Opal, makes THE BEST sweet yams you've ever tasted. They are from scratch, and have tons of butter, brown sugar, and marshmallows! Mmmmm...I can't wait!


0 comments: