Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wendy on Wheels Saves the Day!

My six month hiatus is over!  I'm back and I'm excited to share the following with you.

Last year, a new book came out called Wendy on Wheels Goes to the Beach.  I bought two copies.  One for Eli and one to donate to our Children's Therapy Center.
I started following Wendy on Wheels on Facebook....and she asked people to comment on her blog.
So I did.

Then, a second book came out called
Wendy on Wheels Goes to the Zoo
Of course I bought it!  I love having anything to do with kids and wheelchairs!!  :)

In January 2011, the author Angela Ruzicka announced she was working on a third book.  She sent me a message saying that there would be a character named Eli in the book.  She remembered my comment on her blog last year, and wanted to include him!  I felt blessed and thrilled and totally excited!

Wendy on Wheels Saves the Day came out last week.  I ordered our copies immediately, directly from the author so she could autograph them for us.  I couldn't wait to see Eli's name in a book!

We got the books on Saturday, and that night Eli went to sleep hearing the wonderful story of Wendy taking "wonder packs" to the kids in a children's hospital and spending a fun day with them! 
I highly recommend this book!


I took the book to work on Monday and was showing it to all my friends.  The first thing they said was, "the mom looks just like you!"  I hadn't even noticed.  All the sudden, I said, "Omigosh, she does!  How funny."

Can you see the resemblance?
(Wendy on Wheels is illustrated by Elizabeth Gearhart)

So, I sent Angela Ruzicka (the author) a message on facebook...
...and she said... it IS me!!
She was inspired by my comment I left her and she started reading my blog.  She found pictures of me with Eli during one of his hospital stays and this is what I looked like.  She decided to add us to the book! 
(If you know me in real life....you know my hair is in a ponytail.....ALOT!)

You don't even know how excited this makes me!  One of my life's dreams was to be the voice of a cartoon character.  I doubt that will ever happen....but now I CAN say I am a cartoon!  :)

So, THANK YOU ANGELA RUZICKA and Wendy on Wheels!

You have made this Momma giddy with happiness!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO not surprised!!!!! You have always been Looney....I mean Tooney to me!!! I am so happy for you and Eli * your both published how amazing is that!!!! You have such a gift and voice for those who can not talk for themselves!!! You WILL go far...And Eli..There is no LIMITS to what he will do!!!!

Katy said...

Well, that is a fantastic reason to bring back the blog. I will definitely have to check out these Wendy books as well! Charlie hates books, but I keep trying to change his mind:)

Nicole said...

Always knew you were a rock star, and that Eli was lead in your family band!! I am I so excited for you. I will have to buy a copy maybe and have Eli and his mom sign it for us. Thanks for lighting up my night - Nicole

Candace said...

Amy that is freakin awesome! I have to find a copy of that book. I am sooo excited for you guys. Eli, you and your mom are famous! How cool is that! That is one of the coolest things I have heard in a Long time!

Renelle Bremerman said...

This is so awesome Amy!! You are an absolutely amazing woman...and Eli is a super cool kid!! Congrats to the two of you!!!

CocoCayubsMom said...

I always knew you would be famous someday :) You are so awesome and don't get me started on Eli, he is so sweet, congrats to you both and I am going to order that book and have you and Eli sign it for me. I love you both and I am so excited for you.

diana said...

Wowwwww, congratulations to you both!!!! You are truly amazing and I'm glad the whole world is finding that out. I am sooooo blessed to be part of your family!

Angela said...

I'm so honored to see what you wrote. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

OMgoodness Amy! Im going on Amazon right now to buy the books. Congratulations to both of you.
Heidi