Monday, September 10, 2007

September already. Wow!

I can't believe we are headed into Fall. I LOVE FALL! However, it means the holiday season is just around the corner...again. Is it just me, or are the years going by way too fast?
Overall, my summer was good.
I grew some beautiful flowers this year. Dahlia's - my fave! Peonies, Petunias, Roses, Marigolds, Carnations (my favorite smell), geraniums, and some really neat flowers that I didn't catch the name of.
I got to visit my great-aunt that I hadn't seen in 9 years. Spent time with my Aunt Shiela and her family twice, and of course Eli's birthday party was a fun success.
I have joined the steering team for the Selah MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at Selah Covenant Church...which is two blocks from my house! 2 minute drive for Eli....yahoo! I will greatly miss the one at my church...but felt God moving me to stay closer to home. I wanted to be involved in the planning committee, and when I called and asked if they needed help, they said, "all we have left is Publicity." Hello! That is what I wanted!! God is amazing, isn't he? I gave up what was comfortable, and stepped out in obedience, and he blessed me with that! So, I've been busy making flyers, postcards, newsletters, and questionnaires to create a photo directory for the Moms. Our first meeting is Friday...I can't wait to get to know all these gals better in the coming months.
In closing, I just want to let everyone know that Eli will be spending Monday night Sept. 17th in the hospital at Children's in Seattle. He is having the pH probe done...it's a 24 hour study. They will place a tube up his nose and down into his esophogus, with a device attached to record acid activity. This test is not always a sure proof test, unfortunately. Let's hope we get information that will help us make the decision of whether or not he needs the Nissen Fundoplication surgery or not.
God bless you my dear family and friends. Love, Amy

1 comments:

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

I'm so happy Amy to hear you took on a position that you really wanted! God is GREAT!! That's such a fabulous thing too. I was never in MOPS but my SIL was and loved it. Good luck with that too.

I'll keep Eli in my prayers for his test, as I'm sure it's not easy knowing your little one will be in the hospital for 24 hours for straight testing....poor thing!!! God will see him and you through it all though. :)