Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just Chillin' at the Motel

On January 3rd our power went out at 5:10 pm. It was off until 3:55 am. 11 hours! Luckily, Eli goes to sleep early, so it wasn't a big deal. Once he was asleep, we put 7 layers of blankets on him. We also went down to the neighbors (as they had power) and heated some corn bags in their microwave, and we put those under the covers to keep him warm. He stayed nice and toasty - even as the house cooled down to about 50 degrees!

This was the culprit - it took them hours as they had to dig three holes....until they finally found it. Like a needle in a haystack!


Pacific Power came back on February 3rd and dug up our driveway, again, and laid all new lines.


Today they came and installed the new junction box (or whatever it's called) and connected the wires. So, Eli and I checked in our local motel and hung out for the day. Being without power, water, etc, for about 6 hours, with him awake, didn't sound like fun.
We've had a great day..."just chillin' at the Motel"....


...AND THEN....
Lon came down to visit us, so I ran to get some lunch. Pizza Hut has the greatest vending machines in the lobby...so I spent the best 50 cents ever....for THIS:



Seriously. This was the hardest I've laughed in a long time. He kept doing really funny things trying to get it off his lip! I think I just found his new "therapy". I've never seen his mouth and tongue get such a workout! :)
Time to pack up and get outta here.
But, I just might come back tonight after Eli goes to sleep......and swim, or go tanning, or play in the arcade, or watch cable TV.....or sleep!

9 comments:

Candace said...

Oh Amy,
I am laughing so hard right now! That is hillarious! What a great bunch of pictures....Yes, it sounds like you had a great time. Take an evening for yourself, momma! You totally deserve it!

Megaroo said...

Those are a riot! You guys are so silly! What hotel were you at? Looks nice :) How was your evening there?

Katie said...

I just happened upon your blog from over at Lynnete Kraft's blog. I'm glad I did. Thank you for sharing your life with us. ;)

I too have all but given up scrapping for blogging. Definitly is cheaper.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I bet it is great therapy! I love it.

Give that boy a big hug from us.

Katy said...

Bottom left--that picture is too much.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Amy...Hangin' at the local Motel..what will ppl say..hahahah
Looks like a VERY smart thing to do...I laugh everytime I see these pictures...Eli you ROCK!...Though we may need a new nick name..Hmmm???? Oh, did you go back and swim?

Nicole said...

I am so glad to see you back in a blogging mood and to see Eli's Huge smile under the stache was hillarious. thanks friend for being a peice of my day. Hugs from the East Valley

Lynn Rickert said...

Awesome! Look at you! The amazing mom who adjusts to yucky stuff and STILL knows how to have fun! How blessed Eli is to have YOU for his mommy!

Anonymous said...

Simple pleasures! I love the one on the bottom left. My 5YO little boy and almost 2YO little girl were laughing too. I told my son, Jack, that this little boy's name is Eli and has CP like Maddy. He says "And he's growing a mustache!?!?!" I said "Yes, and Maddy will too!" I'm so mean! :)