Monday, May 25, 2009

Umptanum Falls

My hubby and I got to go on a daytime date today!

After a 45 minute drive, then a 25 minute hike we ended up here:

You come upon the Falls at the top of it...

You have to hike up and around it, to a huge rock...that you can slide down, on your butt, to get to this area:


The drive up there was a little further than we remembered (from the first time we went way back in maybe 2002...around the time we got married), and we ended up not having time to go to the bottom. We had scheduled Eli's caregiver for a short time today so we could go to a movie...but when the weather ended up so nice today....that plan was altered! :)



I'm so glad for the opportunity we had today to spend some quality time together! Having fun, enjoying God's creations in nature, and just visiting. My hubby and I "miss" each other sometimes. We want to try and make more time for things like this!

The scary part is there is no cell service up there. So, if there was an emergency with Eli we wouldn't know!

IN GOD WE TRUST.

Boy, that's a hard one sometimes, though.
______________________________________

Can you see the butterfly?
(click picture to enlarge)

Nice gnarly tree, huh?
Red, White, and Blue Flowers...
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

4 comments:

Verna said...

I am so glad you got to spend some quality time with just your husband. All marriages need that time together at some time or other.

CocoCayubsMom said...

Ohhh Aim, I am so Happy for you guys. You sooo deserve a day with your hubby, Praise God!

Anonymous said...

I love these pic's amy...What a pretty place...I would have had to take a quick run down the slide...heheeh... I hope and pray you and Lonnie can have just hours together! love ya sis...

Mrs. Lantrip said...

I love that hike... not too long for an awesome reward at the end. It looks gorgeous this time of year. So glad you two enjoyed!