Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hillbilly Valley Parade

After moving into our house last August, Lonnie and I realized we'd moved to what we now affectionately call: "Hillbilly Valley".

Why you might ask?

Oh, could it be that one neighbor raises wolf-dogs that bark/howl all night and sound like they are eating live animals?

Or maybe all the school busses parked on the hill behind us? It's in the middle of the pic!
(click on the picture to make it larger)


Oooh...how about the neighbor who lets his goat run around the neighborhood?

No, I've got it...maybe it's the fact that most people out here have garages built, that end up bigger than their mobile homes they live in!!

LOL!

Lon and I joined in the fun yesterday.

Wednesday is garbage day. We have a very long driveway, so Lonnie puts the trash can in the little trailer we haul behind a four-wheeler. We have to have our can down at the road by 6 am!!

So, I hear Lonnie come back in the house and say, "I need your help. I need you to steer the four-wheeler back up to the house while I tow it. It died."

I said, "Ok, I'll be right out." So, I start walking down to the end of the driveway, expecting Lonnie to bring the truck down. When all the sudden I hear the lawn mower start up!!

Seriously.
So, here comes Lon on the mower....mowing a path down the side of the driveway while he's at it, no less. He comes down and hooks up to my four-wheeler....WHICH IS HAULING A LITTLE RED TRAILER, REMEMBER.....and we slowly head back up our driveway:



OMIGOSH!! I'd give anything for a picture of that. I cracked up the whole way back to the house! It was our own "Hillbilly Valley Parade" I tell ya! I was looking around for someone to wave my 'princess wave' to! (elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist)

Enjoy some more pics of our neck of the hills:


The neighbors friendly, and lonely, Llama.

My sweet Sam dog giving kisses!
Mr. Llama....hamming it up! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story!....i love the Llama posing!....

Verna said...

Love the photo of Sam giving Llama a kiss.

Mrs. Lantrip said...

Isn't it funny how we either go go crazy, move, or give in to the madness? I guess we see what your choice is! Ha ha! I LOVE it!

Pauline said...

Okay those were good for a laugh, but i will share we were in some small town in CO, and the post office was a converted mobile home and the men widdling cracked me up until i saw the man driving his tractor down main street ... where do i buy a house here!