One of the blogs I read is
Today she is hosting a "front porch chat" asking her readers to tell 10 things about themselves on their own blog, and then leave a link on her blog...so her readers can all get to know each other.
So, here goes my list:
1) I am the youngest of 5 children. My mom had her 4th child at age 21. (Yeah, she was crazy! God rest her soul!) She found herself pregnant again at age 28 and thought, "no, way I can't do this." But, she did, and I changed her life. It was a tough childhood, but I was blessed in many ways. I had 3 older sisters and one older brother. They are 8 - 12 years older. I became an Aunt when I was 9, and Great-Aunt when I was almost 27, and now at age 37 I have FOUR GREAT nephews! :)
2) I love to craft! Scrapbooking, making cards, photography, playing in PhotoShop, designing blogs, party planning, decorating, cooking and baking are my favorite things. I've only met one craft I didn't like. Beading. Too tedious for me. I like quicker results and bigger pieces. I love to play with paper. So, I just get my earrings from my sister Shiela who loves to play with beads (and sells her wares)....and I made a scrapbook for her! My sister Ricky quilts, my sister Gina paints, and my brother....um....I don't think he crafts! LOL.
3) I can't remember NOT knowing about Jesus. I was always involved in Sunday school, church plays, church retreats, youth group, etc. I took a 10 year break from my walk (ages 16 - 26) and it's one of my biggest regrets. I didn't stop believing, I just stopped trying to live to please Jesus. I lived for me. It ended it lots of heartaches! I'm so thankful to have a Saviour who always welcomes me back, and for a wonderful church family. I'm proud to be a christian.
4) All I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother. My life has taken some interesting turns, and I finally got to become a Mom at age 33. Due to a traumatic birth my son's life was altered forever. Four years later, I've accepted most of it, but there will always be a piece of me that remains sad that it had to happen to my baby. Eli is so precious. I love him so much. I can't imagine my life without him. But, I don't get to know what's inside him. I want to know what his sense of humor would be like. More than anything I want to hear his voice. I want to know what he would be interested in. (bugs? boats? planes? sharks? dinosaurs? sports?) I want to hear him tell me what he thinks of things. I want to know if he'd sneak into bed with us at night. I want to know what potty training would be like. I want to know what handprints on my coffee table look like.........
5) I love our home! We moved last summer and I feel so blessed. We live on 2 1/2 acres, have 2 dogs, and 12 cats. Tons of trees and it's wonderful.
6) I could live on cereal. Seriously.
7) I went to Disney World, by myself, in 2003. I went to Orlando for a conference through my job, and I stayed an extra 2 days and went to Universal Studios and Magic Kingdom. It was AWESOME.
8) We collect Giraffes for Eli. His dayroom is decorated in a giraffe motif. It's fabulous! So is the story as to how God is at work in our lives....through giraffes! Click HERE.
9) Secret Dream: I would love to be the voice for a cartoon character!
10) If I had one wish: I'd wish my son could talk.
How about you? Let's find out 10 things about you! Leave them in a comment, or tell me to check out one of your posts!