Thursday, August 27, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Thank you to everyone who entered my give-away!
The winner of the set of 8 notecards is: Candace over at Living with Faith! Congratulations!
I'm over in the Seattle area this weekend visiting my Aunt and cousins. It's our first trip out of town, (for fun) in over a year! It's so nice to have mini-vacation. We are hoping next year to be able to take Eli to the beach....but for now my 2 1/2 hr drive to my Aunt's is just what I needed. Time with family. Good food.
Games with my crazy uncle and cousins! :) Ever played Buzzword? These people know how to play games! Hoping to play Balderdash tonight! It's one of my faves!
Today's big adventure will be heading to Trader Joe's - I keep hearing how great it is and I want to check it out. I can't imagine it being better than Metropolitan Market, though. That place rocks! I'll let you know...
Eli did AWESOME on the drive yesterday. We stopped at the North Bend outlet mall and got Eli some Fall and Winter pajamas....and some new pants and size 4T onesies!!!! Yahoo! I love Carter's and The Children's Place! It was naptime, and when my boy is tired...it's time to sleep. NOW.
So, I held him in my lap on a bench outside of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and he took his nap. This was a most unfortunate event!
First, I kept watching everyone come out of there with delicious treats! Caramel Apples! Yummy!
Second, my back decided to have a spasm.....I was dying! When my right arm started shaking...I had to wake him up! He got a 35 min nap. Better than nothing, and pretty good for a road trip!
We hit the road again...and finally made it to Auntie's house! I love it here!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
One of the blogs I read is
Today she is hosting a "front porch chat" asking her readers to tell 10 things about themselves on their own blog, and then leave a link on her blog...so her readers can all get to know each other.
So, here goes my list:
1) I am the youngest of 5 children. My mom had her 4th child at age 21. (Yeah, she was crazy! God rest her soul!) She found herself pregnant again at age 28 and thought, "no, way I can't do this." But, she did, and I changed her life. It was a tough childhood, but I was blessed in many ways. I had 3 older sisters and one older brother. They are 8 - 12 years older. I became an Aunt when I was 9, and Great-Aunt when I was almost 27, and now at age 37 I have FOUR GREAT nephews! :)
2) I love to craft! Scrapbooking, making cards, photography, playing in PhotoShop, designing blogs, party planning, decorating, cooking and baking are my favorite things. I've only met one craft I didn't like. Beading. Too tedious for me. I like quicker results and bigger pieces. I love to play with paper. So, I just get my earrings from my sister Shiela who loves to play with beads (and sells her wares)....and I made a scrapbook for her! My sister Ricky quilts, my sister Gina paints, and my brother....um....I don't think he crafts! LOL.
3) I can't remember NOT knowing about Jesus. I was always involved in Sunday school, church plays, church retreats, youth group, etc. I took a 10 year break from my walk (ages 16 - 26) and it's one of my biggest regrets. I didn't stop believing, I just stopped trying to live to please Jesus. I lived for me. It ended it lots of heartaches! I'm so thankful to have a Saviour who always welcomes me back, and for a wonderful church family. I'm proud to be a christian.
4) All I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother. My life has taken some interesting turns, and I finally got to become a Mom at age 33. Due to a traumatic birth my son's life was altered forever. Four years later, I've accepted most of it, but there will always be a piece of me that remains sad that it had to happen to my baby. Eli is so precious. I love him so much. I can't imagine my life without him. But, I don't get to know what's inside him. I want to know what his sense of humor would be like. More than anything I want to hear his voice. I want to know what he would be interested in. (bugs? boats? planes? sharks? dinosaurs? sports?) I want to hear him tell me what he thinks of things. I want to know if he'd sneak into bed with us at night. I want to know what potty training would be like. I want to know what handprints on my coffee table look like.........
5) I love our home! We moved last summer and I feel so blessed. We live on 2 1/2 acres, have 2 dogs, and 12 cats. Tons of trees and it's wonderful.
6) I could live on cereal. Seriously.
7) I went to Disney World, by myself, in 2003. I went to Orlando for a conference through my job, and I stayed an extra 2 days and went to Universal Studios and Magic Kingdom. It was AWESOME.
8) We collect Giraffes for Eli. His dayroom is decorated in a giraffe motif. It's fabulous! So is the story as to how God is at work in our lives....through giraffes! Click HERE.
9) Secret Dream: I would love to be the voice for a cartoon character!
10) If I had one wish: I'd wish my son could talk.
How about you? Let's find out 10 things about you! Leave them in a comment, or tell me to check out one of your posts!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Dear Bloggy Friends -
I'm not used to having so many people commenting on my blog. I knew there were a lot of lurkers out there....and I'm SO GLAD my meager little give away is drawing people in - or out - however I should say it??! LOL.
Just wanted to clarify......as I am used to my family and friends being some of the only commenters....I was referring to them when I said "not one person commented on my background".
I do not expect my newcomers, or general readers to feed my ego! haha
Thanks for commenting everyone. This is fun! Guess I'll have to start doing more give aways!!!
GIVE AWAY POST IS BELOW...LEAVE A COMMENT ON IT TO ENTER... :) Thanks!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
All the A/C we've been having to use with our heat wave we're having is giving me a killer headache tonight.
Eli's had a couple rought nights, which means I do, too. We went to the Doctor today and he thinks he has an viral upper respiratory infection. No meds at this time...hoping to take care of it with humidifiers and saline and suctioning.
I'll re-design it when I'm feeling more inspired. Thanks for stopping by - and reading this most boring post ever! :) I'll make it up to you by having a GIVE AWAY!!!
I'm going to bed now....G'night!