Thursday, February 26, 2009

She said the "T" word

I just spent 1 hr and 20 minutes with Dr. Glew, a Developmental Pediatrician.  We talked about a lot.  She seemed to be the most knowledgable person I've talked to yet.  Every other doc has their specialty...but she works in the clinic that specializes in kids like our Eli, and is experienced in lots of areas.

After much discussion, I told her about the problems Eli has been having breathing.  I say it looks like "apnea" while he's awake.  Our pediatrician at home said,  "in apnea they turn blue.  These are just breath holding spells."

She said the "T" word. 

Tracheostomy.

THAT IS THE ONE WORD THIS MOMMY NEVER WANTED TO EVEN HEAR!

I had a little melt down.  I'm very sleep deprived and a little emotional.  I feel like I cannot handle that if it were to come to that.  I said, "What do we need to do to rule that out?"  It's going to be her focus tomorrow.  She is quite concerned.

Please pray that she is wrong.

Me and God are gonna get real close tonight.  Won't you join me?  Petition him on my son's behalf.
Please.
Eli needs prayer more than ever.  I need prayer more than ever.  I feel like I want to puke...

3 comments:

Cat said...

Hi Amy,

I hopped over here via the blogfrog on MckMama's site. Your little boy is precious!

Lex said...

We're still praying for the E-man :). Always remember that he's in good hands! Love you :).

Anonymous said...

love ya sis!