Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hodge Podge

Random pictures and thoughts...as I suffer from a little writer's block.....

Summer foliage is on it's way...
The trees are blooming and sprouting all kinds of interesting things...
_____________________________________
MC Hammer pants...
______________________________________
The cool Temari's made by my sister Shiela.
Want to know more about them?  Click here!
_______________________________________
Tina, Eli's caregiver, came up with the clever idea to put velcro on the top of her shoes, and the bottom of Eli's, and she walks around the house with him!
I came around the corner of the hallway the other day, and saw this:
My heart skipped a beat and it took my breath away!  To see Eli standing in our living room was shocking!
Amazing!  and. Wonderful!
___________________________________________
There was a "movement" to wear orange yesterday while baby Stellan had heart surgery, and so we joined in.  There is an amazing photo gallery of people around the country (and world) wearing orange for Stellan! 
You can see it here:  Orange for Stellan Photo Gallery
Here is my submission to the gallery:
Here are some out-takes from the photo shoot:
___________________________________________
And finally.....as of last Friday, I am now 37.
Really?  How can that be?
But, as my Momma used to say, "better than the alternative!"
I am blessed in so many ways. 
I thank the good Lord for his provisions, his protection, and his priceless gift of salvation!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awhhhh, love your new name stamp also...did you say you had buttons for us? thanks for the Temari feature! and I love your orange pic's...those are seed pods...What eles..oh ya love ya tons...Shi~

Rachel said...

What an AWESOME feeling to see Eli 'walking' in your living room! Great idea his caregiver came up with. He's looking good!
Rachel @ 1905 Deisgns

Heidi Case said...

Good Job Eli!
Ive been following Mckmamas blog too, I'm so amazed at all the wonderful prayers and support they are getting!

Unknown said...

Surprise! Have fun being the featured blogger today! I hope you are blessed with a lot of visitors and make a lot of new blogging friends. :)

Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Yea..You are "Featured" ! Enjoy...Love ya Sis~

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed that you made a button for my blog...So Perfect...Do I get one??? You are so talented...to all you reading this My Sister Rocks!

vera said...

Hello, I'm visiting from Lynnette's blog - what a pleasure to meet you and precious Eli :)

Holly said...

I love to see the trees with the blossoms bloom. They are so very pretty!! Those "Hammer pants" crack me up. I secretly sang "Can't Touch This" in my head.

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Hello and congrats for being featured today! Enjoyed visiting here today and "meeting" you and your precious Eli.

Blessings to you today!

HappyascanB said...

Hey! Congrats on being featured by Lynnette! Living in the deep south, we've been blessed with green foilage for a few weeks now. It'll be 91 today! Whoo!! Love your blog! And love love love Eli walking on his caregiver's feet!!! That's awesome!!

DeeDee said...

Hey... Congratulations on being the featured blogger today :) Sweet pictures posted ...
Blessings to you!