Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Amelia - My Niece -The College Graduate!

My niece Amelia graduated from Eastern Oregon University last weekend.  She earned a degree of
Bachelor of Science in Art with a History Minor.
(These two photos were kindly stolen from my sister, Shiela, Amelia's Mom.)
I wasn't able to go away for the [whole] weekend, because I couldn't get a motel room with a kitchen.
Taking Eli out of town is hard enough, but to be in a motel is even harder.  Without a kitchen - not doable!
Amelia has a beautiful little apartment....that was full of her immediate family.  We would have been totally welcome to stay there - but with Eli's funky schedule (goes to bed at 6:30 at night and wakes up at 5:00 in the morning) I hate to inflict that on people in such close quarters, you know?
But I was able to make a day trip down to La Grande for the party!
Me.
On a road trip.
By myself.
Just me and the CD changer.
Yeah, baby!
6 hours of music and singing - and NO ELMO!!!
I gave myself a sore throat singing so much.
It was great!
My dear hubby stayed home with Eli and they had a great day and evening together!
..........................................................................
Here is Amelia posing with the beautiful cake her sister Montana made for her grad party.
..........................................................................
Amelia and Me:
..................................................................................
Here is my other niece, Montana, with her husband Doctor (he's from Ghana, Africa) and me and Amelia.
I had to take advantage of this photo op, because they now live near Salt Lake City, UT, and who knows when I'll see them again!
...................................................................................................
I hadn't met Doctor before.  It was such a blessing to meet him.  He is a very tender spirit.
I liked him immediately.  I'm so happy my niece is married to such a nice man. 
And here is their precious 16 month old son Anongba, my great nephew I haven't seen since he was 3 weeks old!  So cute - but so not interested in me....a stranger.  boo hoo.
...................................................................................................
Anongba and Barkley the dog
....................................................................................................
Me and my sister Shiela.
It's a tradition.
We always have to take a cheesy self portrait whenever we see each other!
:)
I feel very blessed to have such an awesome family.  I'm so happy I was able to celebrate with them!
6 hour drive = $55.00
3 1/2 hour visit = Priceless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...we are such a cute family! I am SO SO happy you got to come down! Love ya sis! and Thanks :)

Verna said...

Glad you got to go. And were able to enjoy your time away.

Love the self portrait. Kim always does them, they are so cute.